Block Selection and Application Guide
Comprehensive set of actions that reduces the risk of a problem, a failure, an accident
- Product knowledge
- Application knowledge
- Manufacturer of known capability
- Products that are clearly identified with the following:
- Manufacturer’s name and logo
- Load rating or size that references ratings
- Traceability code
A Good Risk Management Program Recognizes
- Performance requirements include the following:
- Load rated products
- Quenched and tempered
- Ability to deform when overloaded
- Ability to withstand real world loading in day to day use, toughness
Mechanical Advantage and Total Load
Mechanical advantage is the leverage gained by a multiple part block. Must have a traveling block to have mechanical advantage. The theoretical advantage is equal to the number of parts of line supporting the traveling block.
|True Mechanical Advantage||Number of
The total load placed on the block and its end fitting determines the working load limit required.
Load Limits Contents
Questions? Give Us A Call!
Or fill out the form below.