Synthetic Round Sling Warnings
Rated Load = Rated Capacity = Working Load Limit
Can fail if damaged, misused or overloaded. Inspect before use. Use only if trained. Observe rated load. Avoid sharp edges and exposure to acid, alkali, sunlight and temperatures over 180°F. DEATH OR INJURY can occur from improper use or care.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CARE, USE, INSPECTION, AND REPAIR.
- Store in a cool, clean area away from sun and any ultraviolet light source.
- Check weight of load.
- Check sling rated load for type of lift, angle of loading (see load angle chart on page 10).
- Sling shall not be twisted, tied into knots or joined by knotting.
- Sling shall always be protected from being cut by sharp corners, sharp edges, protrusions or abrasive surfaces.
- Center load on base (bowl) of hook unless hook is designed for point loading.
- Balance load.
- Maintain load control.
- Avoid jerking load.
- Be alert for snagging of load.
- Avoid dragging sling over rough surfaces and from under the load.
- Choker hitch must choke on sling body, never on end fitting.
- Stand clear of load at all times.
- No person allowed beneath the load.
- Persons are not to ride on sling or load.
- For use in extreme environmental conditions, consult the manufacturer.
- Round slings must be used with compatible fittings, hooks and shackles.
- Bunching of material reduces capacity.
- Before use, check tag for rated load adequate for the lift. Look at cover for snags, cuts, fraying, melted or charred fabric or chemical damage. Look at hardware for distorted, cracked, worn fittings. If this wear or damage is present, if rated load tag is missing or illegible, do not use the sling. Repair or replace it. Frequent inspection is done by the person handling the sling before each use and must include all of the Before use items. Periodic inspections should be recorded at least monthly in normal service, more often if use is frequent or severe. Recorded, Periodic inspections are performed by a designated person.
- Field repair is not permitted. Only manufacturers or other qualified persons may make repairs.