Confined Space Entry Rescuer
Duration: 3 days (up to 24 hours)
This course is for personnel who supervise or must access, work and/or perform rescue within Confined Spaces. This course includes the 2 day (Up to 16 hour) Confined Space Entry Supervisor/Entrant Course.
Overview: The focus of this course is confined space rescue training. It is designed for entry supervisors and/or entrants. The course involves both classroom presentations as well as a high degree of hands-on scenarios that will require attendees to actively participate in confined space rescue applications. The training utilizes pre-engineered rescue systems and techniques that are easily adaptable to both team and peer rescue. Specific focus on the implementation and monitoring of a rescue plan will be covered. It should be noted that this is not a technical rope rescue course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will receive a certificate acknowledging they have met or exceeded OSHA, ANSI and CSA requirements.
- Defining Confined Space Rescue
- Understanding hazards and associated risks for confined space rescues.
- Managing and developing Confined Space Rescue plans.
- Understanding the personnel roles and procedures for Confined Space Rescue.
- Understanding how to conduct a Non-Entry Rescue.
- Understanding how to conduct an Entry Rescue.
- Understanding selection and use of equipment for rescue entry and egress.
- Understanding basic rescue and emergency response procedures.